Finally. Your kid is going to graduate! Whether it’s High School or College, I got you. This is such a bitter sweet time and after a crazy year of COVID, we are all ready to celebrate! We may still have to wear masks but who cares. We are doing it! And we aren’t going to break the bank either. Frankly I am past the HS graduations and had one graduate from college already and one more to go!
I thought since Covid has ruled our world lately and lots of your kids had to do it all virtually their senior years, why not plan an in-person celebration? Wear the masks and hopefully everyone will at least have had one shot. So where to even start? Announcements! (I have a paid partnership with Basic Invites and you can get 15% off using code 15FF51).
Click here for the graduation announcement cards and here for graduation open house invitations. Below is a little gallery of their classic designs.
Also personalized graduation invitations here. You can cruise their site for anything. I’m in the market for new biz cards so I am looking at those. Now you have a discount code and need to hurry up and order the invites. Just some more info about their company (since I use them personally):
*Almost Unlimited Colors- Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design, you can change the color of each element on the card. With over 180 colors to choose from, the invite is sure to be exactly how you want it. This is what sets them apart from almost any other online stationery company.
*Custom Samples- Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers to order a printed sample of their actual invitation before you place your final order. You can see the paper quality and how it will print, and make sure the card is perfect.
*Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes- Basic Invite has over 40 different envelope colors to choose from. With so many options, customers can make their envelope match the invitation. All of the envelopes are peel and seal so they can be closed quickly and securely.
*Address Capturing Service- Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows customers to share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media to request friends and family’s addresses. The addresses are stored in the customer’s account and can be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all card orders.
*Foil- Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold. Customers can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
*Don’t forget: Right now Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51
But we aren’t done! Here are more tips for the big day:
- Have a Snack Bar instead of a full menu or cookout. Ice Cream Bar, Chips and Dips, Finger Foods etc. Catering can be super pricey unless you know someone in the catering biz.
- Look for sales on drinks like sodas etc. Have individual cans and bottles so no one is drinking from the same 2 liters or punch bowl. The big box stores have big deals on sodas and juices. Alcohol is for the BIG kids. 🙂
- Consider doing a group grad party and share the expenses.
- Have it outside in the backyard! Venues get pricey.
- Do a Drive-By if you are still in lock-down because of Covid.
- Virtual access for friends and family that can’t travel.
- Make memories, add a backdrop for pictures. Selfies for everyone! Don’t forget to take a ton of pictures, upload to a free share site or social media and share with everyone. No need for a fancy photographer!
- Have a fire pit? Don’t forget the smores!
- Have a mosquito company spray the area. It’s gonna cost but it will be so worth it!
- Music! We all have those streaming music apps. Just hook up some blue tooth speakers and you can be your own DJ. Ta-Da!
- Use paper products to throw away and save time on cleaning. Go to your local dollar store for those and decorations.
- Enjoy your grad! They may be moving on, but you are going to be glad you celebrated and made those memories.
Let me know if you have more budget ideas! And you can follow Basic Invite on the following Social Platforms:
Here’s a Video on how to be EXTRA on graduation day. Enjoy!