Let’s start with our Health. This is one area I really struggle with. But I am finding that journaling, trying to make better food choices, using ‘My Fitness Pal’, walking and Yoga are really helping me move into a healthy lifestyle. I’m sure this is also hard for a lot of people. Food is comfort. Food is tasty and addictive. It also makes us sluggish and tired if the right choices aren’t made. So, what can we do to make sure this area of our life is on track with our new ‘Live Your Best Life’ attitude?
At some point we have tried all the ‘diets’ out there. Then we lose some and gain it back and then some. Diets don’t work. Wait, what? YES, they do work, if we stick to them. In order to stick to a better way of eating, we need to do a few things. (Get a new chapter in your journal going gang!).
By the way, if you are looking for journals, pens, stickers etc., check out my Amazon Influencer page for those! Click here: https://www.amazon.com/shop/midlifemargaritas
Let’s try a new way to train our brain. Don’t give up everything you love but rather, enjoy those things in moderation and less often. Find healthy foods that taste great. Pre make your weeks meals and snacks, so you don’t have to stress about what you are going to have. Eat out less often.
Do. Your. Health. Research.
Talk to your doctor and get a full health picture of where you are now in your health. Getting a little bit healthier will make you feel so much better. No need to beat yourself up when you screw up, just start again the next day. The point is, don’t give up and make it part of your new Best Life.
Some things that I am doing that might help you:
- I use the My Fitness Pal app on my phone. I’m able to log in my food and the app does the calories. It keeps up with my calories, weight loss/gains, and offers tips.
- Yoga. It doesn’t matter your size or ability. If you can watch YouTube on your phone, laptop and/or TV, you can search for yoga sessions for free and make it a daily routine.
- Walk and drink water. Duh.
- You don’t have to eat 3 meals. You can eat 6 little meals or 2 bigger meals. Just eat enough to satisfy, not get full.
- Healthy snacks you can eat as a meal or snack while you read or watch TV.
- Journal how you feel, what foods make you feel great or terrible, how water is helping you etc.
- Try this with your spouse or friend. 2 or more make it easier!
Let’s move to Wealth. Not the play the lottery kind of wealth either. Once you get your finances straight, to where you know what you have and when, you will start to feel better. Invest in a financial advisor. Someone who comes highly recommended. Be honest with them about your finances and your financial goal. We should all be able to live beneath our means, but these past few Covid years have not helped at all. As well as the inflation, we are living through also. Some ideas to help bring down your monthly cost of living:
- Use a gas app to find the cheapest gas near you each week.
- Don’t go in the grocery store. Oder online and pick up or have it delivered. We often buy more than we need when we go in the store!
- Pay off credit cards if possible and it might take a long while, but it will be worth it.
- Find things to do for fun that are free.
- Use coupons for everything and look for deals on things you need. Not want.
- Shope the dollar and thrifts stores. Not only will it save money, but you can find some great stuff!
There are tons of ways to save money. Remember: You are never too much in debt that you can’t recover or get to a better financial place. You just need to find the right financial advisor to help guide you.
Lastly today we need to look at self-care. 🙂
Self-care is not just pedis and girl’s nights out. It can be anything that nourishes your soul and makes you happy. Like finishing an entire book in a day and doing nothing else. Or binging a show you’ve wanted to watch. Quiet time alone. Visiting a good friend or relative. Discovering something new in your city/town. Anything that makes you feel good and gives you peace and possibly motivation!
Homework! Here’s what to work on for this week:
- Journal things that you love to do that you consider self-care. Do those often!
- Create a space in your home that is just for you. Inviting and cozy! Use that space to read, journal or reflect.
- List things you hate to do. How can you eliminate them or delegate them?
- Set goals for your personal time and don’t let anyone “steal” your time. It’s too valuable.
- What negative thoughts do you have about yourself? Journal how to change those to be more positive.
- What toxic relationships do you need to get rid of? Research “going no contact” and learn how to deal with these relationships. Consider therapy.
- What brought me joy today?
- Who makes me feel good about myself? Spend more time with those person/persons.
- Who or what makes me feel energized?
- What new activities can I try?
- What am I afraid of and why?
We are getting closer to the end of our Best Life series. If you have missed any, you can click here for the last post: https://midlifemargaritas.com/2022/04/11/how-to-shift-your-mindset-find-your-best-life-and-live-the-way-you-want-too/
All posts in this series have a link to the previous post so you won’t miss out! Reflect and Journal on everything you can. Do you feel this has been helpful so far? Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or suggestions!
Until Next Week….
Jonathan Van Ness makes us laugh as he talks about Self-Care 🙂