Not really that scary but still. Everyone loves a good scare now and then. Do you have a scary story to tell? Leave in the comments!
- If a local storefront is closing during the summer, that’s where the next Halloween Spirit store is going to be during October.
- Halloween originated in Ireland. Something about some festival to worship the Pagan God of the Harvest. (Because no one can relate it to Satan yet).
- No one really knows how to pull a good ‘Trick” anymore because they are too obsessed with getting the candy. Losers.
- Rumor has it that a long time ago Halloween was used by women to find a husband. And bobbing for apples helped. WTHeck? How dumb were we back in the olden days?
- Candy Corn was originally called “Chicken Feed” a long time ago. Bet you didn’t know that!
- Harry Houdini died on Halloween in 1926. It was a FREAK accident.
- If you see a spider on Halloween, it’s really the spirit of a dead loved one. NOPE. I would have to re-kill that relative then. Just sayin.
- Did you know that Michael Myers in Halloween wore a mask of Captain Kirk from Star Trek? AKA William Shatner. They painted it white to make him look super creepy.
- People used to wear masks so ghosts couldn’t recognize them? Kinda like we still do today. Everyday.
- Some shelters in the US won’t allow the adoption of black cats on Halloween. Cuz, you know, sacrifices.
- In Alabama, it’s illegal to dress up as a priest. (Maybe because of the movie The Exorcist.)
- It’s rare to see a full moon on Halloween night but we will see it this year! 2020
- During WW II, there was a rationing of sugar. That ended trick-or-treating for a bit. Just like this year, Covid-19 will probably do the same.
*If you have a spooky true story that happened to you, leave it in the comments! Meanwhile, here’s a 2 minute Halloween Video to enjoy. Bet You can’t watch till the end:
Peace, Love and Pumpkins!