I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue with the Best Life series but after all the super positive DM’s and comments, I got from my first post (you can read it here): https://midlifemargaritas.com/2022/03/28/how-to-live-your-best-life-and-go-after-your-dreams-do-what-youve-always-imagined-and-stop-letting-the-little-things-hold-you-back/ I decided to do part deux! Are you ready?
This week it’s all about Passion and Purpose. If you don’t have something your passionate about, or a purpose in life, you may not be living your full authentic best life. So, let’s talk about it. Passion doesn’t have to be just your hobby or things you do on your time off; it can turn into a very satisfying career or lifestyle! BTW, are you happy with your career or life choices? It might be time to rediscover what you are truly passionate about right now, today!
But Missy, I can’t quit my boring, tedious, life sucking job. I need the money! (Says you). I get it! I was there and so many of us have been there too. So, start a side job (hustle) or hobby. Watch it grow into your life’s work, new career and your LEGACEY. (Quick- envision that right now! Write down or journal exactly what you are envisioning!) By the way, get a journal going of this new best life you are building. It could even become a best-selling book one day. 🙂
Well, how are we going to figure this out? I mean you are ready to want more out of this life right? First, play your theme song or watch a video of your theme song. Get into the vibe! We are really doing this! Can you feel the change or shift in your mindset yet? Ok, now take a few deep breaths and buckle up buttercup. We are about to blast off into a new world. (Would be great if we could actually do that huh?)
Here’s what we need to do:
- Ask 2 or 3 of your closest friends what they think you are passionate about and what they think you might be good at. (You’re writing this all down, right?)
- Make a list of the things you love to do.
- What makes you feel ALIVE?
- What do you LOVE about your current career?
- What do you HATE about your current career?
- List the top 5 things that are important to you.
- Explore things you’ve wanted to try.
- Consider the top 3-5 things you love, want to try, you are good at and learn more about those subjects! (Remember this is a fun thing!)
- Take an Enneagram Personality Test and learn more about your Enneagram number.
- Shift your mindset and be open to new things and stay positive.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- Learn to believe in yourself.
Hopefully now you have a little insight into what gives you passion and purpose. Now what? Here’s a little homework: Get that journal out and write your legacy. (What you want to be known for or how you will leave an imprint on life.) Rewrite it until you have a clear idea of how that looks for you.
Now watch your theme song video one more time…. Go for a walk, take some ‘me’ time and digest everything. Check back next week for Part III