So what. My blog is one year old today. I CARE! I am so thrilled about how much fun I have had blogging this past year! I have met some very cool and funny bloggers and fans. I started a Facebook page a few months back and have over 600 fans now. Strangers write to me and tell me I make them LAUGH! #GOALS! And that’s why I blog. If I can cheer someone up or give them a chuckle and brighten someone’s day, then my job is done.
I know I have haters out there. People who think blogging is weird or don’t get my humor or think I am a crappy parent, or think I swear too much…Yada Yada Yada. So be it. Oh and the ones that think I have a drinking problem. Beotches, I’m just bringing Cocktail Parties back to life! You don’t drink? Then pull up with a non-alcoholic drink and I will still hang with you. I don’t judge. Mostly anyway.
So anyway, here are highlights from 2016 and the start of 2017.
- Started Midlife Margaritas on January 30th 2016.
- Took lots of blogging & photography webinars/classes.
- Boosted sales at our local Liquor store.
- Made new friends and kept some of the old… (girl scout reference, lol).
- Starting writing a book on ‘Midlife Style’. It’s coming along!
- My children are still giving me plenty of blog worthy material.
- My father still reads my blog and is my biggest fan. 🙂
- I have some collaborations in the works with some fun people/projects.
- Getting ready to launch a Midlife Margaritas surprise!
- Have gotten addicted to ‘planner stickers’
- My family including Big Daddy are still very supportive of my blog and don’t complain when I am writing instead of doing laundry and cooking healthy meals.
- A new “Thelma and Louise” adventure is coming up!
- I survived the flu with my entire family.
- And so much more!
So celebrate with me today and have a cupcake and a cocktail! Keep the emails and comments and shares coming. For my local blogger friends here in Raleigh NC, let’s get a local cocktail party in the works! You in?
Happy Monday Peeps!
photo credit: Lucy Djevdet