Can you believe it? Thanks to Bleeping Motherhood, we have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It must have been our Sunny Disposition. 🙂 So you know we are celebrating with bottles and bottles of Champagne! And you know what that means? DANCING! Not the stripper pole kind but the cool kid kind like… Continue reading Midlife Margaritas Won another AWARD!
Hey You! I just want to say a Big Ass Thanks! I want you to know that I never take any of you for granted. I appreciate everyone’s support on my crazy ideas and ventures and my little blog. I appreciate all the love, follows, reposts and all the encouraging comments. I also appreciate all… Continue reading Hey! I Got Something to Tell You!
Here comes Mother’s Day again. While everyone is out buying cards and flowers and gift cards to the spa for mom, I thought I would post a few tweets in honor of this day. Moms aren’t perfect so I am sure you can relate to some of these:
I’m off coffee. My kid wound up with an empty sandwich in his lunchbox today. No peanut butter. Just bread. He said he cried.
When my kids can’t find their sports water bottles, they take coffee tumblers to practice.
Tucker: My lunch was rotten today.
Me: I didn’t pack you a lunch today
Look in backpack. Find Friday’s moldy lunch.
Thought it was going to be cold today. Put child in warm clothes. Child over heated and puked on playground.
Who else has dropped a phone on a baby tryin to take a pic?
#parentingfails>>> My son found pancakes in the frig. IDK where they came from. I didn’t stop him from eating them because he was quiet…
Just some random internet pics on Motherhood.
If you can’t find humor as a mom/parent then you are doing it all wrong.
My definition of Organized is:
*To be able to find my crap quickly in any room, space or file. And it has to look neat and prettily arranged.
Usually my blog is all about my crazy family and weird stuff that happens to me but recently I have become obsessed with getting organized. With that said I am just going to bore you with a blogpost about it today.
So I am working on this huge goal to be completely organized at home. I started with my home office over spring break and pictures are coming soon. Just have to sell an ovary to afford the cool office chair and rug I want. But I must get to my files. There is currently no system there at all. I thought there was but really I was kidding myself. You can see what I mean:
Then there’s my supplies drawer that is horrendous, just look at that mess:
So I have a lot of work to do. I admit I get started then I get overwhelmed then I just need a drink to calm myself and try again. That method seems to work pretty well. So as you can imagine, there is a lot of running back and forth to the grocery store beer aisle and the liquor store. But I am kicking it friends, I really am. I will be organized by the end of the summer, even it kills me.
I truly envy those organizers I see on Instagram and Pinterest. Like check out this site called “A Bowl Full of Lemons”: http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2016/03/home-organization-challenge-week-11-the-office.html I want my office to look this organized dammit! Her entire site is loaded with tips, ideas and challenges. Makes me weep with envy of her skills. I’ll get there.
Why do I need to be organized? Is it OCD? I have no idea but when things are all neat and in their own place, I get such a rush. Am I nuts? Remember my post on Bullet Journaling? https://midlifemargaritas.com/2016/03/21/life-goals-bullet-journaling/ I am still working on that and I have discovered cool “planners” like calendars on drugs with stickers and colored pens and cool sticky notes too. I think I may need an intervention.
If you have blogs, Pinterest Boards or websites that are all about getting organized, let me know and help a sister out.
I blog because my life is so crazy that I want to capture it in words without having to pay out the expense to write an actual book. You know the saying, “you can’t make this shit up”? Well that is how just about every day starts at my house. I live in a house with 4 boys/men. Big Daddy, Thing 1 & Thing 2 and Bailey the dog. All males. Yep, I drink. Hence the name of my blog.
I blog because I like to overshare. I tell way too much and my family is desensitized to the trauma it causes them. We may or may not have all been in counseling at one time or another. Including the dog. Nothing is sacred or off-limits. This is the reason my kids go by Thing 1 & 2. They don’t want their names out there on the interwebs. So I’ll just post a picture of them here: (I love that they pose with me for selfies)
I blog because I like to connect with other bloggers. There is this whole world out there of bloggers who have the same issues I do. Nice to know I am not alone in my craziness. Sometimes I am just grateful I don’t have triplets or more animals or step kids… and I love to laugh at those other bloggers who do! I mean some days I read their stories and think, “thank God I don’t have that to deal with!”
I blog because everyone needs a hobby. I have friends who actually run for fun. They run before the sun comes up, in the cold, in the rain and when it’s over 100 degrees. I would rather blog about how crazy that is from inside my air-conditioned home office. While drinking a White Russian. We had a treadmill once. I got tired of dusting it so we sold it in a yard sale to one of those runner families.
I blog because it keeps me busy and from living a life of petty crime. Big Daddy is very appreciative that blogging is a pretty cheap hobby. I know other people who shop all day and party all night. Or others who spend hours and lots of money on scrapbooking. Is that still a thing? Only Thing 1 has a baby album. Thing 2 will be lucky to have graduation pictures.
These are some of the reasons why I blog. My intentions are to continue putting it out there about my family and the world around me. Good, bad or ugly. If I can make someone chuckle that was having a bad day, then I can say it was worth it. Worth all the brain cells it takes to write a post, create graphics and pictures and literally pull stuff out of my @33.
Interested in how my days go? Check out my post on adulating here: https://midlifemargaritas.com/2016/03/05/grownuplife/
That’s it for now. Thing 2 just texted me from upstairs with the following:
Then there was this earlier about where to take Big Daddy for his birthday dinner:
So I am off to find pants for Thing 2 and get my cocktail on.
Peace out. And No we are not going to hooters for Big Daddy’s bday celebration!
Here’s a list of why I am not feeling it.
1. I’m Sick. I work in early education and have been exposed to some plague that toddlers can only pass on to adults. Green snot, wheezing, light-headed, coughing spasms that sound like a horse is dying and I’m completely exhausted. I thought I would be well in a few days but I am now on day 8. Bless those toddler’s hearts.
2. It’s my spring break. I had so much planned this week. Cleaning out closets and rooms. Re-organizing my files, shopping for new office furniture. But I can barely make off the couch. Yay.
3. Nothing on TV. It’s a political year and that is all the news can cover and I am so over it. I spent the last hour looking at movies on demand and I think I have seen them all. I guess I could watch ‘Dirty Dancing’ one more time.
4. Food. It has no taste or smell right now so why bother eating anything. I bet if you put a chocolate cake in front of me right now I wouldn’t even care. Just Kidding. I wouldn’t turn down cake if I was coughing up blood. Cake is cake.
5. Jehovah’s Witnesses. They know I am home. They can sense it. They won’t just ring the bell and leave the pamphlet, they keep knocking. Then they try again after they have been around the block. I am to tired to even open the door and argue with them today.
6. Pollen. We are in the thick of pollen season here in NC. Everything is green and I am highly allergic to anything that grows in the spring in North Carolina. To go outside is a death sentence for me on top of being sick with the plague.
So in conclusion: I plan to just stay inside on the couch and watch shows I have already seen. Hopefully Big Daddy will call and ask what he should pick up for dinner on the way home because he gave up on me cooking last week. At least I got another blog post in though right? I mean I know you all wanted to know just how I am doing. If you really care, put some Starbucks on the porch and ring the bell. I will pay you a million dollars just as soon as I am well and have the million dollars. #killmenow
Have a great day Peeps
We all know we should improve our lives, get healthy, work out more, be nice…yada, yada, yada.
Well I have 6 ways to help do just that! You will be so freaking happy everyone will want to know why. Here are 6 simple ways to get started improving your life and become happier.
1. Eat Healthier. See I said healthier, not healthy. There is a difference. Eating healthy sounds like you can’t eat anything you want. Just the good for you stuff. I am saying you can still eat a lot of the things you love (pizza, chips etc.) but add more healthy stuff in there to balance it out. Vitamins, more water, more vegetables. But don’t deprive yourself of those things you can’t live without. Just adding more water and healthy foods will help you feel you are improving your health a little bit at a time!
2. Walk every day! Just a quick trip around the block to get your heart pumping really helps the old attitude. If it’s raining, go to Target, Walmart or the mall. If you get in a really good walk, reward yourself and buy something new!
3. Start saving your change. Or put away a dollar a day towards a nice vacation. You will have something to look forward to. Pick a destination and save up the amount you need to get there. It may take a year or two but so worth it. All-inclusive vacations are out there and there are some deals to be made!
4. Clean out your Facebook friends. Get rid of the Debbie downers, the people you don’t really like anyway, the trouble stirrers, the neighbor whose dog poops in your yard and they act like it isn’t their dog doing it. It is such a happy feeling when your FB newsfeed looks more cheerful and peppy!
5. Have lunch or pedicures with the girls once a month. Even if you don’t feel like it. It’s amazing what once a month with the girls can do for you. If you’re a dude, then hit the bowling alley or pool hall with the bros. Friends keep us grounded and sane!
6. De-clutter your house. You don’t have to do it in one day or even a month. Try tips from FlyLady.com or Pinterest. Just getting rid of clutter a little each day makes you feel like you are really accomplishing something.
I promise if you do these few things on a regular basis you will be so freaking happy! Your life will improve and your friends will see the difference. Be the best you!
*Disclaimer: if these things don’t work, try a 5 o’clock cocktail daily. Be Happy!