The world is ending y’all. I swear it. The signs are everywhere. I mean think about it. Floods, fires, locusts and that’s just in MY neighborhood. Watch the news for 5 minutes and you’re thinking, “is this real or is this the new season of Fear the Walking Dead?” By the way I can’t wait… Continue reading The End is Near Y’all!
Dear Dentist, You lied. All those years you’ve asked me if I flossed while having both your hands and dental tools shoved in my mouth. When I answered yes, you accused me of not being truthful, turns out you weren’t truthful. I’m so disappointed. While reading the news this week, I read that researchers have determined… Continue reading Open Letter to the Dentist and My Dad
Last week I visited the new craft/home décor store in our town. As the doors opened I heard a choir of angels singing behind me. Décor Heaven on earth! Remember Louise from my Thelma and Louise adventures? Check that one out here: https://midlifemargaritas.com/2016/06/05/thelma-and-louise-vaca-day-1/ She was there too! Her husband was not enjoying it. I think he mouthed… Continue reading Shopping is My High
I’m about to get all controversial on y’all. I saw this quote on Instagram not too long ago and I chuckled and thought, “yep, that is so me”. I mean I try not to say swear words but it does happen. I’m not perfect nor do I want to be. That would boring. Right? The first time… Continue reading I Love Jesus But I Cuss a Little
I. Want. A. Cupcake. I realize this is not breaking news and there are all kinds of political and social issues we could poke fun of today. But I can’t even think clearly. My sugar level is so low I feel like I could pass out at any minute. No. I don’t have diabetes and… Continue reading Confessions of a Cupcakeaholic
With everything going on in our world today it seems we are always on the edge. So many are losing their faith, religion and hope. We are lost and looking for reasons to keep going. And then this happened. Pokémon Go. If you’ve been living under a rock, Pokémon Go is a phone app. It’s… Continue reading Can ‘Pokémon Go’ Save The World?
I have a short list of things that
scare terrify me. And it all started with this:
A little place in North Carolina that became the first nightmare I can remember. It’s a recreation of the Land of Oz complete with a house falling on the witch’s legs. I can still remember the nightmare of my childhood with striped legs sticking out from under a house. SO thanks mom and dad for that.
This place is now closed to the public (making it oh so much more creepy) and opens about once a year for a few days for people to visit and remember the times they spent there as a child. (yay). In case you are in NC and curious, here is the link to the upcoming event: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/travel/article77860247.html
So then I got to thinking what else really scares me and I came up with this fun list:
- Spiders. They have a lot of legs so you have no idea which direction they will run. They have millions of baby spiders at one time. (Gross) Oh and they can jump too.
- Tornados. I think that came from the Oz business.
- Bats. Creatures from Hell. One time a bat touched my hair and I nearly peed myself. I was screaming like a lunatic and my neighbors thought my hubby was beating me. I kid you not.
- Jumping Crickets. Crickets in general are no big deal. But when they can jump over your head in a bathroom and you cannot get away and when you do it’s stuck in your hair. I can’t even.
- I am afraid one day my doctor will tell me I can no longer eat gluten foods or shellfish. I. WILL. DIE.
- I’m not afraid of the dark but I will admit I run and jump in the bed after the lights are out so that demon under the bed won’t grab my ankles. True story.
So now you know some of my biggest fears. What are you afraid of?