Here it is. 2018. Woo hoo. If you were expecting me to be all happy and read about all my New Year resolutions, you will be really disappointed. I mean do people really make resolutions and stick to them? I stopped doing that in college. Now, I just party in my PJ’s on New Years Eve… Continue reading New Year, New You & All That Crap….
So what. My blog is one year old today. I CARE! I am so thrilled about how much fun I have had blogging this past year! I have met some very cool and funny bloggers and fans. I started a Facebook page a few months back and have over 600 fans now. Strangers write… Continue reading Midlife Margaritas is Turning 1! And Other Crap You Probably Don’t Care About….
Hello My Peeps! It’s 2017 and I can’t believe we are still alive. We did it! We survived_____________ (fill in your drama from 2016.) Excuse me while I try to get this left over NYE’s glitter out of my mouth, and from up my nose and yes there was some still in my underwear! But… Continue reading Toxic Relationships in the New Year and How to Let It Go. 2017 Version.
What’s up Sugar Britches?! Are you like me and still reeling from Christmas cooking, cleaning, family, gifts and not enough alcohol in the world? And my Jewish friends, are you still in the throes of this wonderfulness! Should we talk about New Year’s Resolutions yet? NO. lol I loathe the phrase “New Year’s Resolutions”. Why? Because NO ONE… Continue reading My Personal Goals for 2017 That Are Going To Be Awesome.
To the young moms out there. It WILL get better. The struggle is real but you got this. Make #momlife your bitch! Take back your life and still be an awesome mom/wife. So take your laptop or phone with you to the bathroom and lock the door. Let them cry, stick fingers under the door,… Continue reading #MomLife. Make it Your Bitch.
(By the way, the kids in the picture are not mine. They are way to adorable to be mine.) His name is Titus Ashby. He started shooting hoops at age 2. He’s awesome. You may have seen his videos on YouTube where his parents pimp him out to the world. He’s a basketball hoop shooting prodigy. He can shoot his… Continue reading Why Aren’t My Kids Prodigies?
Today, I turned 50! I don’t feel a minute over 3o to be honest. In fact, when I turned 30 I thought my life was over. I had a premonition that I was going to die young. lol Nope. It does help that my grandmother is 96 this year, so I have that going for me.… Continue reading It’s My Birthday Bitches!
Last week I visited the new craft/home décor store in our town. As the doors opened I heard a choir of angels singing behind me. Décor Heaven on earth! Remember Louise from my Thelma and Louise adventures? Check that one out here: https://midlifemargaritas.com/2016/06/05/thelma-and-louise-vaca-day-1/ She was there too! Her husband was not enjoying it. I think he mouthed… Continue reading Shopping is My High
My definition of Organized is:
*To be able to find my crap quickly in any room, space or file. And it has to look neat and prettily arranged.
Usually my blog is all about my crazy family and weird stuff that happens to me but recently I have become obsessed with getting organized. With that said I am just going to bore you with a blogpost about it today.
So I am working on this huge goal to be completely organized at home. I started with my home office over spring break and pictures are coming soon. Just have to sell an ovary to afford the cool office chair and rug I want. But I must get to my files. There is currently no system there at all. I thought there was but really I was kidding myself. You can see what I mean:
Then there’s my supplies drawer that is horrendous, just look at that mess:
So I have a lot of work to do. I admit I get started then I get overwhelmed then I just need a drink to calm myself and try again. That method seems to work pretty well. So as you can imagine, there is a lot of running back and forth to the grocery store beer aisle and the liquor store. But I am kicking it friends, I really am. I will be organized by the end of the summer, even it kills me.
I truly envy those organizers I see on Instagram and Pinterest. Like check out this site called “A Bowl Full of Lemons”: http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2016/03/home-organization-challenge-week-11-the-office.html I want my office to look this organized dammit! Her entire site is loaded with tips, ideas and challenges. Makes me weep with envy of her skills. I’ll get there.
Why do I need to be organized? Is it OCD? I have no idea but when things are all neat and in their own place, I get such a rush. Am I nuts? Remember my post on Bullet Journaling? https://midlifemargaritas.com/2016/03/21/life-goals-bullet-journaling/ I am still working on that and I have discovered cool “planners” like calendars on drugs with stickers and colored pens and cool sticky notes too. I think I may need an intervention.
If you have blogs, Pinterest Boards or websites that are all about getting organized, let me know and help a sister out.
We all know we should improve our lives, get healthy, work out more, be nice…yada, yada, yada.
Well I have 6 ways to help do just that! You will be so freaking happy everyone will want to know why. Here are 6 simple ways to get started improving your life and become happier.
1. Eat Healthier. See I said healthier, not healthy. There is a difference. Eating healthy sounds like you can’t eat anything you want. Just the good for you stuff. I am saying you can still eat a lot of the things you love (pizza, chips etc.) but add more healthy stuff in there to balance it out. Vitamins, more water, more vegetables. But don’t deprive yourself of those things you can’t live without. Just adding more water and healthy foods will help you feel you are improving your health a little bit at a time!
2. Walk every day! Just a quick trip around the block to get your heart pumping really helps the old attitude. If it’s raining, go to Target, Walmart or the mall. If you get in a really good walk, reward yourself and buy something new!
3. Start saving your change. Or put away a dollar a day towards a nice vacation. You will have something to look forward to. Pick a destination and save up the amount you need to get there. It may take a year or two but so worth it. All-inclusive vacations are out there and there are some deals to be made!
4. Clean out your Facebook friends. Get rid of the Debbie downers, the people you don’t really like anyway, the trouble stirrers, the neighbor whose dog poops in your yard and they act like it isn’t their dog doing it. It is such a happy feeling when your FB newsfeed looks more cheerful and peppy!
5. Have lunch or pedicures with the girls once a month. Even if you don’t feel like it. It’s amazing what once a month with the girls can do for you. If you’re a dude, then hit the bowling alley or pool hall with the bros. Friends keep us grounded and sane!
6. De-clutter your house. You don’t have to do it in one day or even a month. Try tips from FlyLady.com or Pinterest. Just getting rid of clutter a little each day makes you feel like you are really accomplishing something.
I promise if you do these few things on a regular basis you will be so freaking happy! Your life will improve and your friends will see the difference. Be the best you!
*Disclaimer: if these things don’t work, try a 5 o’clock cocktail daily. Be Happy!