Let’s start with the obvious here. You could not breathe in these masks back in the 70s. You felt like you were being suffocated or worse. Halloween costumes back then were frightening, itchy, flammable and so not politically correct. They were made with rayon, polyester or plastic and if your parents smoked you had to… Continue reading Halloweens from our Youth & Hellish Costumes
The world is ending y’all. I swear it. The signs are everywhere. I mean think about it. Floods, fires, locusts and that’s just in MY neighborhood. Watch the news for 5 minutes and you’re thinking, “is this real or is this the new season of Fear the Walking Dead?” By the way I can’t wait… Continue reading The End is Near Y’all!
So here is the video. Shot by a person at the zoo where a 4 year-old child fell into the enclosure of an endangered gorilla named Harambe. I warn you it’s pretty hard to watch especially if you’re a parent. This happened over the weekend at the Cincinnati Zoo. Can you even fathom this? I… Continue reading Gorilla Wars 2016
I have a short list of things that
scare terrify me. And it all started with this:
A little place in North Carolina that became the first nightmare I can remember. It’s a recreation of the Land of Oz complete with a house falling on the witch’s legs. I can still remember the nightmare of my childhood with striped legs sticking out from under a house. SO thanks mom and dad for that.
This place is now closed to the public (making it oh so much more creepy) and opens about once a year for a few days for people to visit and remember the times they spent there as a child. (yay). In case you are in NC and curious, here is the link to the upcoming event: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/travel/article77860247.html
So then I got to thinking what else really scares me and I came up with this fun list:
- Spiders. They have a lot of legs so you have no idea which direction they will run. They have millions of baby spiders at one time. (Gross) Oh and they can jump too.
- Tornados. I think that came from the Oz business.
- Bats. Creatures from Hell. One time a bat touched my hair and I nearly peed myself. I was screaming like a lunatic and my neighbors thought my hubby was beating me. I kid you not.
- Jumping Crickets. Crickets in general are no big deal. But when they can jump over your head in a bathroom and you cannot get away and when you do it’s stuck in your hair. I can’t even.
- I am afraid one day my doctor will tell me I can no longer eat gluten foods or shellfish. I. WILL. DIE.
- I’m not afraid of the dark but I will admit I run and jump in the bed after the lights are out so that demon under the bed won’t grab my ankles. True story.
So now you know some of my biggest fears. What are you afraid of?
I’m sure my lack of sleep lately has nothing to do with the fact that my diet is awful and late night cocktails are a terrible idea during the week. It’s more likely that these things are keeping me up at night. What keeps you up? 1. Why did Ryan Seacrest change his hairstyle? Dick… Continue reading 25 Things That Keep Me Up at Night